Friday, July 9, 2010

Water.

Photograph taken today of a water bottle.

During this heat wave that we currently have on the US East coast, I am reminded of the importance of water. It is so refreshing to drink nice clean water and hydrate the body. We can drink water here right from the tap - anytime - or we can buy bottled water in any store. Nice. When I move my groceries across the parking lot in the glaring sun, I feel like complaining about the heat, but images of our soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan come to mind. So I don't say anything. I am also remembering those who live in the 10-40 window. They have to conserve water daily. Now there is a smile on my lips as I wipe sweat off my forehead and step into my car. Turning the air conditioning on, full blast, I am very grateful to live like a queen.

For whoever gives you a cup of water to drink in My name, because you belong to Christ, assuredly, I say to you, he will by no means lose his reward.
Mark 9:41

5 comments:

  1. So the thing is, to see water and get inspired to still another's thirst,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gerda,

    I am most happy to read such a thoughtful and inspiring post. And I like, very much, the comment above "get inspired to still another's thirst." This takes my breath away, as it is about why many of us create art "to still another's thirst."

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Cornelia and Robin. The beauty of a blog is to read responses like yours that add depth to the post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gerda,
    This is a wonderful site. I will try to check in at times. The water photo looks as if there is a white horse passing through.
    I pray you are well and I look forward to seeing you in Germany.
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Gerda, from South NJ <:).

    Yes, it's a blessing to have easy access to water, isn't it? And I'm reminded that Thomas Payne said, "That which we obtain too easily we esteem to lightly. Tis dearness only that gives everything it's value". I think of the ancient wells that brought nomadic peoples together... and led to wars that drove them apart. The Red Sea that parted as a way of escape for the Israelites, and yet brought destruction to Pharoh's men. And it makes me wonder about the things in my life that may come too easily to me, yet mean life or death to another. Lord, give me eyes to see... -bdc

    ReplyDelete