Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Daily Cross

Inspired by Debbie Young's "Stations of the Cross” photographs (www.faithartfarming.blogspot.com), I decided to post a photograph of a cross every day for one year on Facebook. These are “found” crosses that I encounter in the world as it is: the grill of a car, the string holding together a bundle of newspapers put out for recycling, the grass growing in the cracks of a sidewalk.

As soon as my sister saw me start to post these photos, she asked if others could contribute to the series as well. At first I hesitated, because this was going to be my personal project. But then I decided to go with her suggestion and invite my friends to participate. I am already getting photos from all over the world!

These images are proving to be surprising, touching and beautiful. So please use the email alert feature here if you want to watch the series grow. And feel free to send your own contributions to me at liebmanng@yahoo.com.

I am planning to post a slideshow of the crosses at the end of every month. It will be interesting to see what the collection looks like at the end of the year—and what may be the best way to share it with the rest of the world.


2 comments:

  1. This makes me smile that so many people want to contribute. It's a great project and I think it's very good for people to become aware of the presence of God in everyday life. Thanks Gerda!

    (Loved the pic of your mom and the goats!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. God has been speaking to me through the cross that I am now seeking daily - my heart gets softer still.

    ReplyDelete